Good Afternoon Parents/Guardians:
Our T-CAP testing begins on Monday, April 10th. Please remember to set your clocks ahead one hour and ensure your students are here on time. The schedule for the testing is on the front page of our website.
Please keep the following in mind during TCAP:
· Students should receive a great night sleep, substantial breakfast, and a healthy lunch daily.
· Students should arrive at school before 7:54 a.m. when class begins.
· Please make every effort to schedule appointments outside of the testing times.
· Electronics, including electronic books will not be permitted during testing.
· Parents - If you are unable to schedule necessary appointments outside of the testing dates/times, please call the school in advance to make arrangements for pickup. Students will only be allowed to leave the classroom before or after each testing session.
· No food or drink will be allowed in the classrooms during testing.
We will again have our CODE Cart available at lunch throughout T-CAP testing and students will be able to turn their CODE Cards in for prizes. When T-CAP testing is completed we will hold a drawing and give away a Kindle for each grade level.
We ended our third quarter yesterday and our grading window for teachers closes today. Please log into Infinite Campus and check your student’s progress grades. Remember these are mid-semester progress grades, final grades will be posted for the student report card in May.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and the students enjoy the extra day off!
Principal, Newton Middle School