Good Afternoon Parents and Guardians:
Invitations for all eighth graders for continuation were distributed to the students in homeroom today. Please look for the invitation this afternoon. I am also attaching another electronic version. I want to remind you of the dress code for continuation:
- Dresses that are strapless or have straps instead of sleeves must be worn with a shrug or sweater covering the shoulders.
- Skirts and dresses must be an appropriate length, reminder you will be walking up stairs onto the stage.
- We would prefer for students to not wear t-shirts or jeans if possible.
- No sagging of pants.
- If the dress code is violated students will be required to modify their appearance by covering or removing the offending item of clothing and if necessary replacing with an acceptable item.
- Building administration has final discretion on all dress code issues.
We are planning to be a part of Yogurtland's community day, next Wednesday, May 11th. Proceeds will benefit Newton Middle School. Stop by Yogurtland at 7535 S. University any time between 11:00 am and 10:00 pm and purchase a $5.00 unlimited cup of your favorite froyo and toppings. Let the cashier know you are from Newton and we will receive 20% of each sale!
Students will be turning in their Chrome books for the summer on Tuesday, May 17th. Please make sure that the students also remember to bring in the charger assigned to them for the Chrome book.
If you child is going with the school on the end of the year field trip you will need to pick up medications kept here at school on Monday, May 23rd between 8-4 pm. If you child is staying home on the 20th you can pick up medications on the 20th or 23rd. If you do not pick up medications by the 23rd of May they will be disposed of.
Enjoy the weekend. Only 10 days of school remaining.
James O'TrembaPrincipal, Newton Middle School