Good Afternoon Parents and Guardians:
SAVE THE DATE
The next Newton Community KNight will be on Tuesday, March 14 at Noodles & Company SouthGlenn from 5pm-9pm. It's the evening before the LPS late start so enjoy a break from making dinner and support Newton! Just mention Newton and 25% of your sale from dine-in or take-out will be donated to our school. See you there!
Hello Newton Families!
If you are looking for a way to meet other Newton parents and get involved
in your child's school then consider joining the PTO! Below is a list of
open positions for next year with a brief description of the job. If you
have an interest or would like more information, please contact
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fundraising Team-The Fundraising team is responsible for creating, planning and executing the pledge drive to achieve the fundraising goal set by the PTO for the school year.
- Staff Appreciation-Host a variety of events throughout the year to show appreciation to the entire NMS Staff with the help of volunteers. Events that have been done in the past include Welcome Back Breakfast, Fall Afternoon Snacks, Christmas Cookie Exchange, After Christmas Welcome Back Burritos, Jamba Juice day and Teacher Appreciation Week luncheon and goodies
- Fall Party- Organize, plan, and manage all aspects of the fall dance including: Food, Beverages, Prizes, Cakes, Candy, DJ, Photo booth, Volunteers, Coordinate with school staff.
- Backpack Program-Coordinate backpack program needs, organize supply room, work with staff and volunteers in handing out food each Friday
- School Accountability Rep-Attend school accountability meetings and report to PTO.
- JPTO Scholarship Rep-Serve on the district JPTO Scholarship Committee which provides financial assistance to district teachers seeking to further their education.
- Teacher Special Grants Project- Solicit grant requests from staff, review grant request applications with PTO and Mr. O'Tremba and then allocate budget to approved grants.
Mr. Blake and Ms. Osthoff would like to thank all of the parents that have signed up to help out with Run With The Knights this year please know you are awesome and we appreciate it! We still have some slots to fill with gift cards and more importantly Race Marshall's for each grade level. We are short people for all three grade levels and would like to make sure all of the slots get filled so that our students will be safe when they are on the course running their race. Each grade level race is done during their Exploratory class time. The date of this years event is Tuesday May 23.
Again thank your for all of your support we can not put this special event on for our students without all of the help. Here is the link for the sign up genius for those of you who can help us out. Please contact Mr. Blake or Ms. Osthoff if you have any questions.
CMAS testing schedule will be out soon. We will begin testing in April after spring break.
Have a great weekend.
Principal, Newton Middle School