We Need Book Fair Volunteers!
The Summer Reading Book Fair is coming up May 6th-10th in the Newton Library! We are looking for volunteers to help run the fair.
We are in need of volunteers for the following times:
- Set up: Friday May 3rd 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- Mon, Tues, Wed: 7:45-9:30, 9:30–11:30, 11:30-1:30, and 1:30-3:15 (1-2 volunteers per shift)
- Thurs: 7:45-9:30 (1), 9:30-11:30 (1), 11:30-1:30 (1), 1:30-4:00 (2)
- Tear down: Friday May 10th 2:00-3:15 (1-2 volunteers)
- Cupcake Day is Thursday, May 9th from 2:45-4pm. Cupcakes will be sold and decorated at our after school event.
Thanks for supporting reading at Newton!
I am including two fliers as attachments today. One is for the All About School Food Workshop that is being help April 18th (The April 18th event has been postponed by the district office until October) and the other flier is regarding another Cyber Savvy Parent Workshop that is being sponsored by LPS on May 2nd.
We will hold our last Newton Accountability Meeting on Thursday, April 18 th. We are seeking members for the 2013-2014 school year. This is a great way to get involved with our school. If you are interested the meeting will be held from 4:00 to 5:30 pm in our library. If you can’t make the meeting but would like to be involved with NAC next fall please contact me.
Just a quick reminder to parents that we do not have school on Monday, April 22nd as this is our comp day for teachers for conferences in March.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Principal, Newton Middle School