I know last week I said that would be my last message of the year. However, I have some important information for you this week so this will be my last message of the spring.
Recognition awards assembly times for Thursday, May 22nd are as follows:
· 8:00am: 6th grade
· 9:30am: 7th grade
· 1:00pm: 8th grade
For eighth grade continuation please keep in mind the following guidelines for arrival:
· Parking for Continuation is very limited.
· Parents/Guests should plan on arriving no later than 12:30 in order to have time to park and be seated before the ceremony.
· Limited parking is available in our East Lot – that fills up first and fast.
· No Parking is available in our West Lot – Staff Only.
· Salvation Army Church has parking
· Church of Christ (on Colorado Blvd) has parking
· Chapel Hill (on Colorado Blvd) will have parking if no services are occurring
· Neighborhood Streets are also an option
· We only have 4 handicap parking spots – If you have somebody that is unable to walk from parking, they should be dropped off to wait while the car is being parked.
· PLEASE DO NOT PARK in NO PARKING AREAS – YOU WILL BE TOWED
We will begin the continuation/recognition ceremony promptly at 1:00 pm.
MAP testing results will be distributed to the students on Wednesday, May 21st to bring home, please keep an eye out for this important information.
I want to remind you that we do not print and send home report cards. Final grades will be posted on the Infinite Campus Parent Portal Account.
Newton has again been chosen by the Cherry Creeks Arts Festival to participate in their art buying program. Please reference theattached flyer regarding that program.
We have hired Mrs. Amy Rahne as our new assistant principal. Mrs. Rahne comes to us from Soaring Hawk Elementary School in Douglas County. Mrs. Rahne has served as the assistant principal and the interim principal at Soaring Hawk Elementary for the past two years. Mrs. Rahne will officially begin her duties with us in July and she will be supervising the sixth grade.
Have a great weekend.
James O’Tremba, Principal Newton Middle School